Cayman is an extremely friendly, mostly informal place, with just a few guidelines to keep things pleasant.
- Greetings Always greet people with a handshake. Hugging and kissing is reserved for close friends and family.
- Addressing elders The most polite way to introduce or greet an elder is with a formal title and their given name (eg, Miss Vivine).
- Dress code Bathing suits are for the beach or pool. Anywhere else, it's polite to don a cover-up or other proper clothing.
- Nudity Strictly prohibited, including topless sunbathing.
- Tipping An integral part of the culture and economy. A service charge is often included in your bill, but otherwise it's essential to acknowledge your appreciation (of server, guide, porter, etc) with a gratuity.