Cayman Islands dollar (CI$)
Budget: Less than US$150
- Double room, off-season: US$150
- Street food and self-catering: US$10–20
- Minibus: US$3
- Beach: Free
- Double room at midrange hotels: US$200–250
- Two-course dinner with drink: US$40–50
- Taxi ride: US$20
- Stingray City & snorkel trip: US$45
Top End: More than US$250
- Double room at top-end hotel: from US$250
- Three-course dinner with drinks US$50–100
- Car rental: US$50
- 2-tank dive: US$110
Haggling is not an accepted custom in Cayman.
ATMs are widely available, dispensing both US dollars (US$) and Cayman Island dollars (CI$). Credit cards are accepted by most hotels and restaurants.
For more exchange rates, see www.xe.com
Restaurants A tip of 15% is usually included in the bill. If not, tip to that amount (or more, for exceptional service).
Resorts Often include a 15% service charge on the bill. Otherwise, tip $1 to $3 a day for housekeeping.
Tour Guides US$10 for half-day outing.