When to Go
High Season (Dec–Apr)
- People fleeing the northern winter arrive in droves and prices peak.
- The region’s driest time.
- Can be cold in the northern Caribbean from Cuba to the Bahamas.
Shoulder (May, Jun & Nov)
- The weather is good, rains are moderate.
- Warm temperatures elsewhere reduce visitor numbers.
- Best mix of affordable rates and good weather.
Low Season (Jul–Oct)
- Hurricane season; odds of being caught are small, but tropical storms are like clockwork.
- Good for eastern Caribbean’s surf beaches eg Barbados.
- Room prices can be half or less than in high season.