- Rosewood Hotel Georgia Swanky, art-lined, landmark city hotel that's been reinvented.
- Fairmont Pacific Rim Chic new downtown sleepover with some winning waterfront views.
- Skwachays Lodge First Nations art-themed boutique sleepover.
- St Regis Hotel Amenity-packed boutique property with a great central location.
- Victorian Hotel Downtown historic hotel near all the action.
- Times Square Suites Hotel Comfortable and popular home-away-from-home near Stanley Park.
- Sylvia Hotel Ivy-covered heritage charmer with some lovely beachfront views.
- Opus Hotel Stylish boutique option in Yaletown; perfect for see-and-be-seen coolsters.
- Loden Hotel Designer boutique hotel steps from the downtown action.
- Wedgewood Hotel & Spa Classic deluxe boutique sleepover.
- YWCA Hotel Centrally located tower with comfortable rooms that offer great value (especially for families).
- Buchan Hotel Close to Stanley Park, its smaller rooms are budget-friendly, especially off-season.
- Skwachays Lodge New boutique hotel lined with First Nations art.
- Sylvia Hotel Charming beachfront sleepover in the West End, overlooking English Bay.
- Loden Hotel A slick and alluring Coal Harbour property just steps from the downtown core.
- Opus Hotel Sexy and chic hotel in the heart of Yaletown; close to many restaurants.
- St Regis Hotel City-center accommodations with some excellent value-added amenities.
- Executive Hotel Le Soleil Versace-esque interiors with a perfect, central location.
- Wedgewood Hotel & Spa Classic and classy European-feel decor, plus a popular spa.
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver The city's lovely, gargoyle-topped grand hotel has had several royal guests over the years.
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia Recently restored to its 1920s golden-age glory; glam former guests include Sinatra, Dietrich and Presley (not on the same night).
- Sylvia Hotel Ivy-covered West End landmark where Errol Flynn is said to have had more than a drink or two.
- Pan Pacific Vancouver Glam waterfront hotel where Princess Diana and Prince Charles stayed when they were together.
- Wedgewood Hotel & Spa Elegant, classic pampering.
- Shangri-La Hotel Stylish contemporary Asian feel.
- Fairmont Pacific Rim Modern waterfront property with a spa that locals love.
- Century Plaza Hotel & Spa Downtown midrange hotel with its own Absolute spa.
- Pan Pacific Vancouver Sparkling waterfront sleepover with dedicated spa operation.
- Times Square Suites Hotel Great location near Stanely Park for this hidden-in-plain-sight property.
- Sunset Inn & Suites Tucked into the West End but with a highly loyal following.
- Granville Island Hotel Hidden at the quiet end of the island, with great waterfront views.
- YWCA Hotel Downtown budget-friendly tower close to everything.
- L'Hermitage Hotel Slick but discreet sleepover in the heart of downtown.
- Georgian Court Hotel Steps away from everything but with a hidden back-street feel.
Best Independent Hotels
- Burrard Hotel Downtown retro-look hotel with a hidden tree-lined courtyard.
- St Regis Hotel Great boutique options with tons of extra amenities.
- Victorian Hotel Heritage sleepover in the heart of downtown.
- Moda Hotel Heritage building with contemporary flourishes near the Granville Strip.
- Sylvia Hotel Beloved West End landmark overlooking English Bay.
Best Hotel Bars
- Loden Hotel Slick spot for pre-dinner cocktails.
- Opus Hotel Dress to hang with the Yaletown glitterati.
- Sylvia Hotel Lovely bar views across English Bay.
- Listel Hotel Adjoined by a Canadiana-themed bar with a craft-beer bent.
- Fairmont Pacific Rim Swish lobby bar that's ideal for cocktails and schmoozing.