The 18 small but elegantly designed rooms at this sparkling First Nations art hotel include the captivating Forest Spirits Suite, with floor-to-ceiling birch branches, and the sleek Longhouse Suite, with its illuminated metalwork frieze. Deluxe trappings, from plasma TVs to ecofriendly toiletries, are standard and there's an on-site gallery for purchasing one-of-a-kind artworks.
The main streets of Gastown and Chinatown are just steps away.
An inviting and immersive cultural sleepover, the property is owned by the Vancouver Native Housing Society and, separate from the hotel, there are live-work artist studios here, each subsidized by profits from the hotel and its fair-trade gallery.
Information from Booking.com
Free Wi-Fi is offered at this Aboriginal themed Vancouver hotel. Each guest room comes equipped with a fridge. Rogers Arena and BC Place are both within 10 minutes’ walking distance. A cable TV is featured in each guest room at Skwachàys Lodge. Tea and coffee-making facilities are provided. Local telephone calls are included for guest convenience. Skwachàys Vancouver boasts unique furnishings including a 40 foot totem pole. A gift shop and an art gallery featuring Indigenous artwork are located on-site. Stadium-Chinatown Skytrain station and Chinatown are both within 5 minutes’ walk away. Stanley Park is 3km away.
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply. Please inform Skwachàys Lodge in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation. A damage deposit of CAD 100 is required. The host charges this 7 days before arrival. This will be collected by credit card. You should be reimbursed on check-out. Your deposit will be refunded in full via credit card, subject to an inspection of the property. You must show a valid photo ID and credit card upon check-in. If the credit card can not be authorized at check in then the reservation will not be accepted and cancelled. Cash is not accepted as a form of payment for the reservation. Pender Street between Abbott and Carroll Streets is closed for construction until August 2016. Guests who are driving can access the hotel by parking west of the hotel on Pender Street. For detailed directions and construction updates contact the hotel. Please note that it is not possible to check in from 0:00 hours until 08:00 hours. Late arrivals will be charged as no-shows. Please note that only dogs under 9 kg are allowed at the property and upon prior request. Please note the property can only guarantee a room type and not a specific room number.
- Temporary art galleries
- Shared lounge/tv area
- Daily housekeeping
- On-site parking
- Guest accommodation is disinfected between stays
- Physical distancing in dining areas
- Sun terrace
- Family rooms
- Smoke alarms
- First aid kit available
- Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
- Designated smoking area
- Cashless payment available
- Fire extinguishers
- Shared stationery such as printed menus, magazines, pens, and paper removed
- Gift shop
- Shops (on site)
- Screens or physical barriers placed between staff and guests in appropriate areas
- All plates, cutlery, glasses and other tableware have been sanitized
- 24-hour security
- Guest accommodation sealed after cleaning
- Internet services
- Cctv in common areas
- Security alarm
- Linens, towels and laundry washed in accordance with local authority guidelines
- Guests have the option to cancel any cleaning services for their accommodation during their stay
- Food can be delivered to guest accommodation
- Use of cleaning chemicals that are effective against coronavirus
- Hand sanitizer in guest accommodation and key areas
- Wifi available in all areas
- Soundproof rooms
- Physical distancing rules followed
- Air conditioning
- Safety deposit box
- Non-smoking rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking throughout
- Luggage storage
- Meeting/banquet facilities
- Concierge service
- Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
- Free WiFi available
- Private parking