Many of Kitsilano's best restaurants are packed on weekends and finding a table can be a problem. Consider dining off-peak or coming on a weekday, when you'll have your pick of the best options. Breakfast and brunch are almost as popular as dinner among weekending locals, so follow the same rule for your first meal of the day; come early or late or wait for a weekday.
- Cycling The new Arbutus Greenway linear park starts in Kits and takes you all the way to Marpole's Fraser River shoreline; watch for birds en route.
- Hangouts On languid summer days, everyone in Vancouver seems to be soaking up the rays at Kitsilano Beach. Arrive early to find a good spot.
- Local Dining Tracing its roots to Kitsilano's counterculture heyday, the wood-fronted Naam pioneered Vancouver's flourishing vegetarian comfort food scene.
- Free Shows The summer-long Kitsilano Showboat is a beloved tradition. Snag a bleacherlike perch, meet the locals and watch grassroots acts from Morris dancers to brass bands.
- Markets A local must-do, peruse the seasonal fruit and veg at the festival-like Kitsilano Farmers Market, while scoffing some fresh-baked treats.