Information from G Adventures
Awe-inspiring scenery and fascinating wildlife are simply everywhere in Western Canada. This 12-day adventure hits crisp Jasper and serene Lake Louise, a scenic ferry crossing to Vancouver Island, a river float down the Athabasca river, and a drive along the jaw-dropping Icefields Parkway. Whether you’re walking atop a glacier or meandering the gorgeous streets of Whistler Village, you’re sure to feel that Rocky Mountain high.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Indigenous Cultural Experience, Whistler Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Banff Historical Walking Tour, Banff Your G for Good Moment: Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre Visit, Whistler Your Discover Moment: Whistler Your Wellness Moment: Miette Hot Springs Visit, Jasper National Park
- All park fees in Jasper and Banff National Parks
- Scenic ferry to Vancouver Island
- Vancouver, Calgary, Victoria, Whistler, and Banff orientation walks
- Stops at Seton Lake and Kamloops Lake
- Athabasca river wildlife float
- Mount Robson Visitor Centre stop
- Excursion to the Columbia Icefields and ice walk on the Athabasca Glacier
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Explore the popular resort town of whistler
- Enjoy a historical tour through banff with an expert from the whyte museum
- Search for moose and black bears on a float trip along the athabasca river
- Soak in natural hot springs
- Take an ice walk on an active glacier
Day 1: Vancouver Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Vancouver/Victoria Enjoy a stop at Stanley Park and Gastown before boarding a scenic ferry to Victoria, where we'll take an orientation walk with our CEO.
Day 3: Victoria Today is free for optional activities, such as a zodiac whale watching cruise, exploring Butchart Gardens, or enjoying high tea at an historic hotel.
Day 4: Victoria/Whistler Catch the ferry back to the mainland and drive the scenic Sea-to-Sky Highway to the village of Whistler, host of some of the events of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Here we visit the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre on a G Adventures for Good experience. Enjoy a traditional tea ceremony with bannock and explore the grounds and museum with an Indigenous guide who has come through the centre’s training program.
Day 5: Whistler Today is at your leisure. Take a walk through the village with options to ride the gondola up the mountain, hike, or go ziplining.
Day 6: Whistler/Blue River Pass through Coastal Mountains into the Caribou Mountains, and enjoy stops at the emerald coloured Seton Lake and picturesque Kamloops Lake before arriving in the small community of Blue River.
Day 7: Blue River/Jasper National Park Head to Jasper National Park, crossing the Rockies, and view the highest peak, Mount Robson, with a stop at the visitor centre. In Jasper, follow the route of the fur traders on a river float tour in the national park with a licensed guide along the Athabasca river. Look out for wildlife, which can include bears, elk, deer, moose, coyotes, wolves, eagles, ospreys, and mountain sheep.
Day 8: Jasper National Park Spend the day at leisure with the option to hike at Maligne Canyon, enjoy a boat cruise, or check out some whitewater rafting. In the evening, we have an included visit to Miette hot springs.
Day 9: Jasper National Park/Lake Louise Considered one of the most scenic drives in the world, travel the Icefields Parkway to Bow Lake with a stop at the Columbia Icefield. Walk with an expert guide on the lower Athabasca Glacier to explore and understand the life of this active glacier. Continue to Lake Louise to view its emerald blue waters and Victoria Glacier.
Day 10: Lake Louise/Banff Enjoy the morning in Lake Louise with the option to hike to a Tea House. Continue to Banff where we take a walk back in time with an expert from the Whyte Museum, exploring the historical town of Banff.
Day 11: Banff/Calgary Enjoy the morning in Banff, then drive to Calgary for a short orientation walk and opt to visit museums, cowboy bars, or the Olympic Park.
Day 12: Calgary Depart at any time.