Toronto is a kid-friendly city: there are plenty of things to see and do when traveling with little ones in tow.
- The Harbourfront Centre produces ongoing events through HarbourKIDS. The Canadian National Exhibition also has events in August.
- Inquisitive minds will love the CN Tower, Ontario Science Centre, Royal Ontario Museum and LEGOLAND Discovery Centre.
- Arty and creative kids might enjoy the clay classes at the Gardiner Museum, dropping in for story time at the Toronto Public Library – Lillian H Smith Branch or catching a show at the Young People's Theatre.
- The environmental custodians and animal doctors of the next generation will want you to take them to Ripley's Aquarium, Riverdale Farm, High Park, Spadina Quay Wetlands and Tommy Thompson Park.
- If they've got ants in their pants, they won't have after a trip to Canada's Wonderland or, for a way tamer version, the Centreville Amusement Park. Teenagers will also enjoy the Eaton Centre and Kensington Market.
- Roomier digs for families that shouldn't break the bank are at the Eaton Chelsea, with its massive water slide, Courtyard Toronto Downtown, the Grand Hotel and Suites and Cambridge Suites.
- A handy online resource for parents is www.helpwevegotkids.com, which lists everything child-related in Toronto, including babysitters and day-care options.