Tignish is a quiet town tucked up near the North Cape; it sees only a fraction of PEI's visitors. The towering Church of St Simon & St Jude (1859) was the first brick church built on the island. Have a peek inside – its ceiling has been restored to its gorgeous but humble beginnings, and the organ (1882) is of gargantuan proportions.
The narrow, windblown North Cape is not only home to the Atlantic Wind Test, but also to the longest natural rock reef on the continent. At low tide, it's possible to walk out 800m, exploring tide pools and searching for seals.