Canadian dollar ($)
Budget: Less than $100
- Dorm bed: $25–40
- Campsite: $25–35
- Self-catered meals from markets and supermarkets: $8–12
- B&B or room in a midrange hotel: $80–180 ($100–250 in major cities)
- Meal in a good local restaurant: from $20 plus drinks
- Rental car: per day $35–65
- Attraction admissions: $5–20
Top end: More than $250
- Four-star hotel room: from $180 (from $250 in major cities)
- Three-course meal in a top restaurant: from $50 plus drinks
- Skiing day pass: $50–80
Haggling in shops, markets or restaurants is not an accepted practice. At hotels and for services like tours and activities, you can ask proprietors if they can cut you a better deal, but generally set prices won’t be altered.
Several banks and currency exchange outlets cluster along the Sparks St mall.
Accu-Rate Foreign Exchange Accommodates currency exchange, traveler's checks and EFTs.