Central African franc (CAF)
Budget: less than CFA14,000
- Basic hotel double room: CFA6000–8000
- Street snack: CFA800
- Coffee: CFA500
- Local bus ride: CFA2000
- En-suite double hotel room: CFA25,000–33,000
- Two-course dinner in a local restaurant: CFA6000–8000
- Better coffee: CFA1000
- Short taxi ride: CFA3000
Top End: more than CFA70,000
- Hotel room: CFA50,000
- Two-course dinner at hotel buffet: CFA15,000
- Ornate carved stool: CFA25,000-50,000
- Day of 4WD rental with driver: CFA75,000
Bargaining for purchases at Cameroonian markets is expected, and is part of the good-natured interaction with vendors. Always ask the price before taking a taxi or engaging a driver for longer journeys, and check with a local whether it's a reasonable amount. You may be able to negotiate a deal when booking a hotel room.
There are ATMs at most of the major banks in Yaoundé. As always in Cameroon, travellers cheques are problematic to change in banks – try the banks around the cathedral.
Bicec Bank Has an ATM.
Express Exchange For money changing.
SCB Money exchange and ATM.
SGBC Bank Has an ATM.
Standard Chartered Bank Has an ATM.