When to Go
High Season (Nov–Feb)
● Dry but not too hot, with a harmattan haze.
● In even years in December, the Ngoun Festival in Foumban celebrates Bamoun culture.
● Join athletes running to the summit of Mt Cameroon in the Race of Hope.
Shoulder (Mar & Oct)
● Light rains in the grasslands in March.
● In the north, March temperatures can hit 40 degrees.
● Cameroon's biggest festival, Tabaski, takes place in October.
Low Season (Apr–Oct)
● Intense rainfall, though October should be drier in the north/northwest.
● May 20 is National Day, with parades of school children.
● Road travel is slow, muddy and at times impossible.