Information from G Adventures
Experience the beauty of Cambodia during this four-day river cruising journey. Take in Wat Phnom, the Grand Palace, and the S21 Museum and prepare to see things you’ll never forget (but bring your camera anyway). Get a true taste of river cruising while visiting the fishing port of Kampong Chhnang, and stilt villages like Chnok Tru, where you’ll learn about fish farming, pottery, and sugar palm production. Opt for bikes, tuk tuks, or local boats to get around and see rice paddies, monasteries, and local businesses.
- 3 nights aboard the Toum Tiou II Riverboat
- Chhnok Tru floating village visit
- Kampong Chhnang visit
- Vihara and pagoda visit (Kampong Tralach)
- Koh Chen island visit include cottage industries
- Cyclo tour (Phnom Penh)
- Choeung Ek (Killing Fields) guided tour
- Tuol Sleng Museum (S-21 Prison) guided tour
- Options to cycle to excursions along the way
- Farewell cocktail and Captain's Dinner
- All transport to/from included activities and between destinations
- Sail the mighty mekong
- Explore the floating markets and villages
- Discover phnom penh and get to know the locals of kampong chhnang
- Visit ancient temples and small villages
- Enjoy the atmosphere of a floating market.
Day 1: Siem Reap/Chnok Tru Arrive at the meeting point in Siem Reap at 1:30pm for an included transfer to the pier. Once on board, settle in as the crew set sail for Chnok Tru.
Day 2: Chnok Tru/Kampong Chhnang Visit one of the biggest floating villages on the Tonle Sap River, Chnok Tru, before continuing on to Kampong Chhnang. Learn more about the fish farming, pottery, and sugar palm production in the area. Wander through the local market then opt to cycle to visit the local industries.
Day 3: Kampong Chhnang/Phnom Penh Arrive early at Kampong Tralach and visit the local vihara (Buddhist monastery) and Wat Kampong Tralach Leu pagoda. Opt to cycle, or ride in a tuk tuk or buffalo cart, through the village and past rice paddies to reach the monastery. Return to the vessel and continue on to Koh Chen, an island in the river. Visit silver and copper workshops and meet a Khmer Rouge survivor eager to tell his story. Continue to the capital city of Phnom Penh. Take a cyclo tour past sights like Wat Phnom and the Grand Palace. Opt to finish up at the FCC for a happy hour cocktail overlooking the river or for dinner in town.
Day 4: Phnom Penh Spend the day exploring all this city has to offer. Start with guided visits to the S21 Museum and the Killing Fields. Enjoy free time to explore the National Museum, Grand Palace or Russian Market. Depart after sightseeing at approximately 1pm.