Information from G Adventures
Experience the beauty of both Cambodia and Vietnam during this five-day river cruising journey. Take in Wat Phnom, the Grand Palace, and the Tra Su Bird Sanctuary and prepare to see things you’ll never forget (but bring your camera anyway). Get a true taste of river cruising while visiting the Cai Be floating market, where you’ll learn about fish farming, pottery, and sugar palm production. Opt for bikes, tuk tuks, or local boats to get around and see rice paddies, monasteries, and local businesses.
- 4 nights aboard the Toum Tiou II Riverboat
- Apsara show
- Tra Su Bird Sanctuary visit
- Sam Mountain sunset visit
- Kien An Cung Pagoda visit (Sa Dec)
- Vinh Long excursion
- Vinh Trang Pagoda visit
- Thoi Son Island cottage industries tour
- Farewell cocktail and Captain's Dinner
- All transport to/from included activities and between destinations
- Sail the mighty mekong
- Explore the floating markets and villages
- Discover phnom penh and get to know the locals of kampong chhnang
- Visit ancient temples and small villages
- Enjoy the atmosphere of a floating market.
Day 1: Phnom Penh Arrive by 10am to embark on the boat. Enjoy an Apsara show on board.
Day 2: Phnom Penh/Sadek Cross the border into Vietnam. Cruise to Chau Doc and visit the Tra Su Bird Sanctuary. Later, soak in the sunset from the top of Sam Mountain.
Day 3: Sadek/Mỹ Tho Visit the Kien An Cung Pagoda in Sa Dec and take the time to stroll through the market along the river. View the old colonial houses by the delta. Continue on to Vinh Long. Learn about rice popping and opt to wander small paths through the communities here. Continue to Cai Be by local boats and meet up with the vessel. Drop anchor tonight near Thoi Son Island.
Day 4: Mỹ Tho Visit Vinh Trang Pagoda in the morning, catching a glimpse of My Tho town on the way. Cruise to Thoi Son Island by local boats for some local industry visits. Enjoy learning more about coconut product manufacturing and honey farming, with samples of honey and local fruit. Meet traditional musicians here. Opt for a local lunch on the island. Enjoy a farewell cocktail on board before the Captain's dinner.
Day 5: Ho Chi Minh City Depart My Tho in the morning. Arrive in Ho Chi Minh City. Tour ends upon arrival.