- Book inter-island flights.
- Inform your debit-/credit card company of upcoming travel.
- Arrange for travel insurance.
- Make sure you have some euros handy for purchasing a visa on arrival (€25).
- Learn a few phrases in Portuguese, or better yet, Crioulo (Creole); a little effort goes a long way.
What to Take
- Good shoes – the hiking is fantastic
- European plug adaptor
- Portuguese phrasebook
- A small daypack
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen for the tropical rays
- Jumper or light jacket – it gets chilly up in the mountains
- Raincoat if travelling in the rainy season
What to Wear
Cabo Verdeans tend to dress up for nights out in Praia and Mindelo. Elsewhere, dress is pretty casual – and generally more laid-back than in other parts of West Africa.
Bela Vista (www.bela-vista.net) Travel and tourism-related info.
Cabo Verde (www.caboverde.com) Comprehensive tourism listings in English, Portuguese and Italian.
Cabo Verde 24 (www.capeverde.com) General tourist information on the islands.