When to Go
High Season (Jun–Aug)
- High temperatures, sunny days and mild evenings throughout Bulgaria.
- The Black Sea coast is at its liveliest and most expensive.
- Inland cities can be stiflingly warm, though attractions remain busy.
Shoulder (Apr, May, Sep & Oct)
- Spring and autumn have warm weather and a calendar of cultural celebrations.
- Spring melt can be hazardous; otherwise, weather is ideal for outdoor exploration.
- Sights and attractions open again after winter, with fewer tourists than high summer.
Low Season (Nov–Mar)
- Temperatures fall rapidly in autumn, and snow is common over much of the country in winter.
- Many coastal resorts close completely, but ski resorts are in full swing between December and February.