Karlovo’s main sights are along ul Vasil Levski. Walking north from the train or bus station, find pl Vasil Levski, where the revolutionary's statue depicts him with a lion (his nickname among rebel peers). Close by is pale-pink Sveti Nikola Church and the History Museum, full of agrarian tools and bright woven costumes. Continuing north, admire the fantastic exterior frescoes of power-blue Sveta Bogoroditsa Church, before stopping for a traditional 'sand coffee' at cultural centre Buhalov Han.
Further up ul Vasil Levski, the closed Kursum Mosque, built in 1485, occupies the park. Continue up the mall to pl 20 Yuli, then head left (west) for about 300m, past the clock tower, to Vasil Levski Museum.