Lev/leva (singular/plural; lv)
Budget: Less than 70 lv
- Dorm bed: 18–22 lv
- Room in a simple guesthouse: 25–50 lv
- Meals from cafeterias: 5–10 lv
- Public transport tickets: around 1 lv
Midrange: 70–150 lv
- Double room in a midrange hotel: 60–80 lv
- Lunch and dinner in quality restaurants: 20–30 lv
- Taxi from airport to centre in Sofia or Plovdiv: 15 lv
Top End: More than 150 lv
- Double room in top-end hotel: 150–300 lv
- Three-course meals with wine in top-end restaurants: 30–55 lv
- Spa treatments: from 30 lv
Haggling is fairly common in markets selling furniture or antiques (where there is often 10% to 25% wiggle room on a price), but the overwhelming majority of shops and stalls sell goods at a fixed price. Bargaining over cab fares is appropriate for long, multi-stop journeys or day tours by taxi; otherwise, insist on a meter and be wary if you're told the meter is broken.
Bring cash, as there are no working ATMs in the village centre.