Brunei dollar (B$)
Budget: Less than B$80
- Dorm bed: B$10–50
- Meals at food stalls or self-catering from markets: B$1–4
- Bus and water taxi: B$1–2 per trip
- Museums: All are free
- Air-con double room with bathroom: B$60–80
- Meals at all but the priciest of restaurants: B$5–15
- Taxis, boat tours, national park tours: B$10–40
Top end: More than B$160
- Room in top hotel: B$140–170
- Quality restaurant meal: B$10–20
- Fully guided sightseeing tours: B$40–90
Gentle haggling is common in markets; in all other instances you’re expected to pay the stated price.
Standard Chartered Bank Has an international ATM.