Brunei dollar (B$)
Budget: Less than B$80
- Dorm bed: B$10–50
- Meals at food stalls or self-catering from markets: B$1–4
- Bus and water taxi: B$1–2 per trip
- Museums: All are free
- Air-con double room with bathroom: B$60–80
- Meals at all but the priciest of restaurants: B$5–15
- Taxis, boat tours, national park tours: B$10–40
Top end: More than B$160
- Room in top hotel: B$140–170
- Quality restaurant meal: B$10–20
- Fully guided sightseeing tours: B$40–90
Gentle haggling is common in markets; in all other instances you’re expected to pay the stated price.
Banks and international ATMs are sprinkled around the city centre, especially along Jln McArthur and Jln Sultan. The airport has an ATM.
BIBD Handy ATM in the basement of Block A of the Yayasan Complex.
RHB Has a 24-hour ATM; on the west side of Block D, Yayasan Complex.
Isman Money Changer Changes cash. Just off the central atrium.