Information from G Adventures
From the heat of Rio’s nightlife to the chilled out atmosphere of Ilha Grande, discover the treasures of Brazil on this comfortable week-long adventure. You’ll wander the colonial streets of Paraty—it’s a UNESCO heritage site and quite possibly the prettiest spot on the planet—and savour seafood and life without cars on the island of Ilha Grande. Stand in awe of awesome Iguassu Falls deep in the interior, then marvel at it from Argentina’s side. Brazil awaits—let’s make the most of it.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Afro-Brazilian Community Visit, Paraty Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Discover Moment: Ilha Grande
- Arrival transfer
- Schooner tour to Paraty's nearby islands and beaches
- Visit an Afro-Brazilian community and enjoy a local meal
- Tour both sides of Iguassu Falls
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Chill out on the remote and relaxed island of ilha grande
- Cruise on a schooner to pristine islands and beaches while sipping a caipirinha
- Visit a local afro-brazillian community and share a meal
- Get misty at the mighty iguassu falls
- Feel the energy of rio de janeiro
Day 1: Rio de Janeiro Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2: Rio de Janeiro/Ilha Grande Travel by land and ferry to one of the most picturesque and laid-back islands on the coast, Ilha Grande. Optional activities include jungle hikes, boat excursions and visiting secluded beaches.
Day 3: Ilha Grande Free time to hike and explore the island's beaches or take an optional boat tour.
Day 4: Ilha Grande/Paraty Continue by ferry and road to the colonial city of Paraty. Visit an Afro-Brazilian community for a unique cultural interaction and enjoy a traditional meal. Option to visit cachaça distillery.
Day 5: Paraty Enjoy an included schooner tour of the harbour's many islands and beaches.
Day 6: Paraty/Iguaçu Falls Travel to São Paulo and catch the flight to Iguassu Falls. Explore the Brazilian side of the falls first to get the best panoramic view.
Day 7: Iguaçu Falls Explore the Argentina side of the falls. Opt to take a boat tour to get a view of the falls from below. Return to Foz for the night.
Day 8: Iguaçu Falls/Rio de Janeiro Fly back to Rio and relax at our centrally-located hotel in Copacabana. Option to take in a Samba show.
Day 9: Rio de Janeiro Depart at any time.