Information from Viator
The original hang gliding experience over Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Operated by former, WXC World Champion, National Champion and multi Record holder Konrad Heilmann and his team of friendly, safe and fully certified instructors. The unique experience of flying a Hang Glider, launching of the Tijuca Forest National Park, surrounded by tropical Atlantic Forest, unique views of the Atlantic ocean and many landmarks of Rio such as Rocinha, Sugar Loaf, Christ the Redeemer and more, finishing with a smooth landing on the white sands of beautiful São Conrado beach.
Don’t worry if this is your first time hang gliding, no experience is necessary. Once you reach São Conrado, first, fill out the usual paper work at the Hang Gliding Club, and then listen to a short briefing with some of the world's best tandem pilots.Your pilot gets you geared up and ready for takeoff. Fly and glide smoothly through the air. During your flight, see the main attractions of Rio de Janeiro, including Sugarloaf Mountain, Corconovado, Copacabana, Ipanema, Lagoa, and Niteroi.After a smooth landing on the sandy beach of Sao Conrado, you'll be offered refreshments while you watch others in your group land. Your whole adventure will be photographed and video recorded by a special camera attached to your glider so you can share this great adventure with your friends and relatives back home.
- Pictures and video recorded on DVD
- Entry/Admission - Rio Hang Gliding
What's not included
- Usage and insurance fees 60 Brazilian Real, approx. US$14
- Hotel pickup and drop-off, transfer service can be requested, cost varies according to location.
- Qualified and professional pilot
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included