When to Go
High Season (Dec-Mar)
- Brazil’s high season coincides with the northern-hemisphere winter.
- It's a hot, festive time – expect higher prices and minimum stays (typically four nights) during Carnaval.
Shoulder (Apr & Oct)
- The weather is warm and dry along the coast, though it can be chilly in the south.
- Prices and crowds are average, though Easter week draws crowds and high prices.
Low Season (May-Sep)
- Aside from July, which is a school-holiday month, you'll find lower prices and mild temperatures in the south.
- July to September are good months to visit the Amazon or Pantanal.