Botswana pula (P)
Budget: Less than US$75
* Dorm bed/campsite US$15/30
* Two meals in cheap restaurants US$15–20
* Double room in midrange hotel US$50–75
* Two meals in nice restaurant US$30
Top End: More than US$150
* Double room in top-end hotel from US$175
* Per person in high-season lodge from US$1500
* 4WD rental per day from US$150
* Meals in top-end restaurants US$50
You won't find many opportunities to test your haggling skills in Botswana – it's not really the done thing, other than with street souvenir sellers in Gabs, Maun or Kasane.
Barclays Bank Has foreign-exchange facilities and offers better rates than the bureaux de change. Barclays charges 2.5% commission for cash/travellers cheques, but no commission for cash advances with Visa and MasterCard.
Standard Chartered Bank Has foreign-exchange facilities and offers better rates than the bureaux de change. Standard Chartered charges 3% commission for cash and travellers cheques, but isn't as well set up as Barclays Bank.
Sunny Bureau de Change Although you will get less favourable exchange rates than at the banks, this is a convenient option if the lines at the banks are particularly long.