Botswana pula (P)
Budget: Less than US$75
* Dorm bed/campsite US$15/30
* Two meals in cheap restaurants US$15–20
* Double room in midrange hotel US$50–75
* Two meals in nice restaurant US$30
Top End: More than US$150
* Double room in top-end hotel from US$175
* Car rental per day from US$100
* Meals in top-end restaurants US$50
You won't find many opportunities to test your haggling skills in Botswana – it's not really the done thing, other than with street souvenir sellers in Gabs, Maun or Kasane.
Major branches of Standard Chartered and Barclays Banks have foreign-exchange facilities and ATMs and offer cash advances. The few bureaux de change around the city offer quick service at slightly better rates than the banks, but they charge up to 2.75% commission.