Convertible mark (KM, BAM)
Budget: Less than 120KM
- Dorm bed: 20–25KM
- Ćevapi meal: 3–7KM
- Beer in cheap bar: 2KM
- Double room in midpriced hotel: 80–190KM
- Restaurant meal: 20–40KM
- Glass of better local wine: 7KM
- Museum entry: 3–10KM
Top end: More than 300KM
- Double room in top hotel: 190–300KM
- Three-course meal with wine: 50–100KM
- One-day car rental: 80KM
ATMs accepting Visa and MasterCard are ubiquitous.
- Bosnia and Hercegovina's convertible mark (written KM or BAM) is pronounced kai-em or maraka. It is divided into 100 fenig.
- Despite its name, the convertible mark is not convertible anywhere outside Bosnia and Hercegovina's borders. If you take any home they will just be souvenirs.
For current exchange rates, see www.xe.com.
- Cafes, Bars & Taxis Not required but it's normal to round up the bill and possibly add a bit extra.
- Restaurants Up to 10% in swankier places, but only if you're completely satisfied with the service.