When to Go
- No especially good or bad season to visit; weather patterns are changing and becoming less reliable.
- Lowland areas always hot and humid.
- Rain a real possibility every day, all year.
'Wet' Season (Oct–Feb)
- Indistinct wet season October to February; can affect boat links to islands and visibility for divers.
- Rains can render Kalimantan's dirt roads impassable.
- Wildlife more difficult to spot.
High Season (Jun–Sep)
- Accommodation and trekking guides likely to be booked out.
- Best diving visibility in the Semporna Archipelago.
- Catch the indigenous rice harvest festivals around Borneo in June and visit the sultan's palace during Hari Raya.