US dollar (US$)
Budget: Less than US$100
- Double room at a budget hotel: US$60–100
- Self-catered meal: US$8–12
- Bike rental: US$15
- Snorkeling: free (after purchase of marine park pass)
- Double room at a midrange hotel: US$100–200
- Two-course dinner with drink: US$20–40
- Economy car rental: US$32
- Unlimited shore diving: US$40
Top End: More than US$200
- Double room at top-end hotel: US$200 and up
- Three-course dinner with drinks: US$50–100
- Midrange car rental: US$40
- Two-tank boat dive: US$90
Bargaining is not appropriate in Bonaire.
ATMs are widely available, dispensing US dollars (US$). Credit cards are accepted at most hotels and restaurants.
For current exchange rates, see www.xe.com.
- Bars & restaurants For good service, tip 15% to 20% (minus the service charge that is sometimes included in the bill).
- Dive guides Tip US$10 for a half-day outing.
- Resorts Often include a 15% service charge on the bill. If not, tip US$1 to US$3 per day for housekeeping.
- Taxis A 10% tip is usual.