When to Go
High Season (May–Oct)
- Mostly sunny days throughout Bolivia but cooler in the altiplano.
- Reliable weather means easier transit, and better climbing, trekking and mountain biking.
- Be prepared for festival crowds in August.
- Higher prices for tours and accommodations.
- A great time to visit the Salar de Uyuni.
- Good for budget hunters.
Low Season (Nov–Apr)
- Summer is rainy season; it can be miserable in the lowlands.
- Overland transportation becomes difficult where the roads are unpaved.
- Climbing is dangerous, and trekking and biking tedious.
- February to April have plenty of religious festivals.