Happy Towel Day...and other travel accessories
As any reader of Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy knows, the first rule of travel is 'Don't Panic', and the second rule is 'take a towel'. As the Guide says:
Lonely Planet staff had a debate recently about whether a sarong is better than a towel (that sound was Adams turning in his grave). The conversation went something like this:
- Kor Delta hydration vessel - Made from BPA free, tritan plastic. Just a fancy way to say water bottle.
- Moleskine notebooks – They say: 'every Moleskine product is thread bound and has a soft cover with rounded corners acid free paper a bookmark an elastic closure and an expandable inner pocket that contains the Moleskine history.' We say: just a fancy way to say to say travel diary.
- Leatherman penknife – With multiple knives, files and screwdrivers in this tight package, you'll be able to MacGyver your way out of any situation.
- Princeton Tec fuel headlamp – It's dark out there and you'll need your hands free
- All-in-one plug & USB adapter – Travel to multiple countries (and planetary systems) with one adapter. Also comes with a USB plug for charging your camera and other USB devices. Doesn't work on Mars.
- Gorillapod - Steady your camera even without gravity.* It's got bendy legs for taking photos on any angle and comes in 7 colours.
*This statement has not been tested.
Got any other suggestions for travel accessories you wouldn't leave Earth without?
Sign up for our weekly newsletter
Get more travel inspiration, tips and exclusive offers sent straight to your inbox