Our UK editor Tom Hall: online travel journo of the year
At Lonely Planet HQ we're rather over the moon (and round-the-world) at the news that Lonely Planet's UK editor Tom Hall has been named 'Online Travel Journalist of the Year' at the UK Travel Press Awards 2010 (Lonely Planet magazine also got a gong for best Consumer Travel Publication).
Tom gives new meaning to the term roving reporter - he's forever trotting off around the globe (often by train) and making us terrifically jealous. Here's just a sample of some of the articles he's written for lonelyplanet.com:
- Is this Europe's best train journey?
- Europe's 8 best night trains
- Bah humbug! The best places to avoid Christmas.
- Belgium's serious sweet tooth
- Flying London to Baghdad
- A guide to outdoor swimming in Great Britain (only for the most hardy and foolhardy at this time of year)
- Jump the queue: how to get straight to Europe's classic sights
Tom also pops up in many other places across the internet. You can ask him a travel question in The Guardian (including during live Q&As) and the Irish Independent. He can be found in all the good social media places, including Twitter and on his blog.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter
Get more travel inspiration, tips and exclusive offers sent straight to your inbox