Discover our new guidebooks!
We're excited to be launching a new type of guidebook: Discover.
Why launch a new series? Because we know not every traveler is the same, and not every trip is the same.
For some folks, a guide is about in-depth information and having plenty of information. That's what you'll find in our classic country guides.
But others would rather focus time and planning on those can't-miss experiences. And that's where Discover comes in.
Discover guides highlight the best a country has to offer while still providing the authentic and memorable experience travelers expect from us. They're in full color, with inspiring photography. We've worked hard on intuitive new designs for navigation and maps to make it easy to find what you need and where to go.
All the expert opinion and top recommendations you expect from Lonely Planet are still there. On top of that, we’ve added several new features:
- itineraries organized by region, theme and length of trip so you can plan quickly and easily
- a special section with the Top 25 experiences for the country, plus top highlights for each region
- full-color maps for easy reference
- best-of lists that show the top things to do, eat, see and buy
- special features in which local experts tell you all about the secrets behind the best-known attractions. Who better to tell you about the Louvre than someone who actually works there?
- color-coded chapters so you can find what you want quickly
Overall, Discover is a new series that captures everything you need to experience the best a country has to offer.
Head to our dedicated Discover-guides page to see highlight videos and grab some sample content.
Brice is Lonely Planet's Publisher - Americas.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter
Get more travel inspiration, tips and exclusive offers sent straight to your inbox