When to Go
High Season (Mar–May, Sep–Nov)
- The weather is ideal in spring and autumn. Book flights well in advance; accommodation options can fill up.
- Himalayan views are best in October, while rhododendron blooms peak in March and April.
Shoulder Season (Dec–Feb)
- Bhutan has seasonal tariffs so there'll be fewer tourists and good savings to be made by travelling outside the high season.
- The weather is still pleasant, though it can be cold in December and January.
Low Season (Jun–Aug)
- Monsoon rains and leeches put an end to most treks, although high-altitude flowers are at their peak.