- Make sure your passport is valid for at least six months past your arrival date.
- Check the airline baggage restrictions.
- Arrange for appropriate travel insurance.
- Visit a doctor or travel clinic to ensure your vaccinations are up to date and include hepatitis A and B, typhoid and yellow fever as well as tetanus boosters.
What to Take
- Insect repellent
- Good walking shoes
- Rain gear
- Backpack (there are many unpaved roads and sidewalks – rolling baggage can get cumbersome)
What to Wear
Wear baggy, breathable clothing to keep you cool in the heat and humidity. Solid walking shoes are recommended (most areas have uneven ground and are unpaved). Women should avoid short skirts or shorts.