Information from G Adventures
Whether relaxing on the beach or immersing yourself in the local culture, refresh your spirit on a 10-day adventure in Belize. Explore some of best-preserved Mayan ruins anywhere, take part in a Garifuna drumming lesson, discover a monkey sanctuary and remote jungle villages, and swim in the luxuriously warm waters off Caye Caulker. Leave your to-do list at home, and slow down to the pace of this special place in the sun.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Tortilla-Making Lesson, San Ignacio Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Howler Monkey Experience, San Ignacio Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Garifuna Drumming Lesson and Performance, Hopkins Your G for Good Moment: San Antonio Women's Cooperative visit with Pottery Class and Local Lunch, San Ignacio Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Discover Moment: San Ignacio Your Discover Moment: Caye Caulker
- Arrival transfer
- Lamanai ruins guided tour
- Tour a hot sauce factory
- Visit Belize Tropical Education Center
- Farewell dinner at a local Caye Caulker restaurant
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Explore the jungle-set mayan ruins of lamanai
- Enjoy a traditional cayo lunch at a women's cooperative in san antonio
- Learn how to drum with a lesson at the lebeha drumming center
- Taste the difference at marie sharp's hot sauce factory
- Chill out and enjoy the tropical island vibe on caye caulker
Day 1: Belize City/Burrell Boom Arrive at any time in Belize city and transfer to our hotel just outside the city in the village of Burrell Boom.
Day 2: Burrell Boom Enjoy a full day excursion to the Lamanai ruins, a renowned Mayan ceremonial site consisting of over 800 structures surrounded by lush jungle. Return to our lodge to relax at the patio bar and pool, visit the spa, or walk the grounds to spot local wildlife.
Day 3: Burrell Boom/San Ignacio Drive to San Ignacio and visit the Community Baboon Sanctuary, co-founded by five-time National Geographic grantee Dr Robert Horwich. Learn about the black howler monkey before going on a rainforest walk to observe monkeys in the wild. After, visit a G Adventures-supported Cayo women's cooperative where we learn about the centuries-old tradition of throwing pots and tortilla making. Enjoy a local lunch before continuing on to our rainforest hotel.
Day 4: San Ignacio Enjoy two free days to visit the sites of the surrounding countryside. There are several activity options including an exploration of the Mayan cave of Actun Tunichil Muknal or ruins of Xunantunich, visiting the butterfly gardens, and tubing or canoeing through the natural limestone caves of the region.
Day 5: San Ignacio Enjoy two free days to visit the sites of the surrounding countryside. There are several activity options including an exploration of the Mayan cave of Actun Tunichil Muknal or ruins of Xunantunich, visiting the butterfly gardens, and tubing or canoeing through the natural limestone caves of the region.
Day 6: San Ignacio/Hopkins Travel to Hopkins on the coast and enjoy a visit to Marie Sharp's Hot Sauce Factory en route. Explore the fascinating Garifuna culture, take a drumming lesson, and enjoy a demonstration by these amazing artists.
Day 7: Hopkins Enjoy the day in the laid-back village of Hopkins. Opt to visit the palmed Tobacco Caye nearby and do some snorkelling, venture to a wildlife sanctuary, or explore the area by bicycle.
Day 8: Hopkins/Caye Caulker Drive up the coast and visit an animal conservation centre before catching the ferry to Caye Caulker, a true tropical paradise.
Day 9: Caye Caulker Enjoy the day with the option to join a full-day sailing and snorkelling trip to Hol Chan Marine Reserve and the Belize Barrier Reef, or just indulge in some serious R&R. In the evening, take part in a fun farewell dinner at a popular local restaurant.
Day 10: Caye Caulker Depart at any time.