Information from G Adventures
If we had to describe the Belizean pace it would be somewhere between slowly rolling waves and the inquisitive speed of a ruin explorer. Embracing just that mix of curious and chill, this nine-day itinerary will let you tour Mayan ruins, cycle around stunning islands, and enjoy plenty of time to hang out on the beach or dive into the famous Blue Hole. Be speedy, or a bit sloth-like — we’ll help you discover Central America either way.
- Your G for Good Moment: Belize Bike with Purpose Tour, Caye Caulker Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Discover Moment: San Ignacio Your Discover Moment: Caye Caulker
- Guided tour of Tikal
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Spot tropical sea life while snorkelling the world's second-largest barrier reef
- Explore the jungle-set ruins of tikal
- Listen to reggae music as you walk down caye caulker's sandy main street
Day 1: Belize City Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Belize City/Flores Cross the border into Guatemala and continue on to Flores.
Day 3: Flores Enjoy a guided tour of the Tikal archaeological site. Return to Flores and opt to relax and go for a swim in Lake Petén Itzá.
Day 4: Flores/San Ignacio Cross back into Belize and the town of San Ignacio, and opt to visit the Mayan ruins of Xunantunich.
Day 5: San Ignacio Enjoy a free day to visit sacred Mayan caves of Actun Tunichil Muknal. Opt to check out Barton Creek Cave, Mountain Pine Ridge, and Caracol, or check out the seldom-visited Mayan ruins of Xunantunich.
Day 6: San Ignacio/Caye Caulker Travel by bus and boat to beautiful Caye Caulker, where "go slow" is the island's motto. Later, explore the island on the G Adventures-supported Bike with Purpose tour.
Day 7: Caye Caulker With free time, opt to snorkel in the Hol Chan Marine Reserve, or just chill out, Belizean style.
Day 8: Caye Caulker Continue to explore Caye Caulker and its water or land-based activities during free time.
Day 9: Caye Caulker Depart at any time.