Information from G Adventures
Follow in the footsteps of Mayan warriors to lost cities cloaked in jungle mists. This adventure offers an intriguing mix of ruins, beaches, wildlife and the rich cultures of Belize and Guatemala. It's a perfect blend of activity and relaxation—canoe deep in the jungle and snorkel crystal-clear turquoise-blue waters before easing into the laid-back Belizean lifestyle while sipping on a rum cocktail. As pioneers of canoeing in the region, we are pleased to offer this Classic trip—one you won’t find anywhere else.
- Your G for Good Moment: Belize Bike with Purpose Tour, Caye Caulker Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Discover Moment: San Ignacio Your Discover Moment: Caye Caulker
- Tikal guided tour
- Jungle canoe trip (3 days, fully guided)
- Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Belize Barrier Reef snorkelling trip (full-day)
- Caye Caulker stay
- Free time in Flores and Hopkins
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Canoe the old belize river
- Spot tropical sea life while snorkelling the second-largest barrier reef
- Explore the jungle-set ruins of tikal
- Listen to reggae music as you walk down caye caulker's sandy main street
Day 1: Belize City Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Belize City/Flores Cross the border into Guatemala and continue on to Flores.
Day 3: Flores Enjoy a guided tour of the Tikal archaeological site. Return to Flores and opt to swim in Lake Petén Itzá or hire a boat for a relaxing day.
Day 4: Flores Enjoy a full free day to explore Flores and surrounds.
Day 5: Flores/San Ignacio Cross back into Belize and opt to visit the Mayan ruins of Xunantunich.
Day 6: San Ignacio Enjoy a free day to visit sacred Mayan caves of Actun Tunichil Muknal or Crystal Cave. Opt to check out Barton Creek Cave, Mountain Pine Ridge, and Caracol, or check out the seldom-visited Mayan ruins of Xunantunich.
Day 7: San Ignacio Enjoy a 3-day guided canoe trip on the Old Belize River. Spend days spotting wildlife and nights sleeping in tents along the river banks.
Day 8: San Ignacio Enjoy a 3-day guided canoe trip on the Old Belize River. Spend days spotting wildlife and nights sleeping in tents along the river banks.
Day 9: San Ignacio Head back to town after the canoe trip with free time in San Ignacio.
Day 10: San Ignacio/Hopkins Travel to Hopkins and visit a part of Belize that has not yet hit the well-trodden tourist trail.
Day 11: Hopkins Opt to visit nearby palmed Tobacco Caye and do some snorkelling, take in a Garifuna drumming show and lesson, or explore the area by bicycle.
Day 12: Hopkins/Caye Caulker Travel day to beautiful Caye Caulker. Later, explore Caye Caulker on the G Adventures-supported Bike with Purpose tour.
Day 13: Caye Caulker Enjoy a full-day sailing and snorkelling trip to Hol Chan Marine Reserve and two other sites on the Belize Barrier Reef.
Day 14: Caye Caulker With free time, opt go for a dive in Blue Hole National Park, take a flight over the Blue Hole and coral reef, or just chill out, Belizean style.
Day 15: Caye Caulker Depart at any time.