Take a boat ride to Hol Chan marine reserve. This area has been a reserve for over 35 years and has huge fish, vibrant corals, sharks, eels, sting rays and turtles. After we are out of the water there will be fresh fruits and juice available with other snacks. When we get back to the island we will go visit the tarpon and seahorses before you get the ferry back to your cruise.***due to the nature of the tour as it relates to the cruise ship parameters MINIMUM SIZE OF GROUP is 5.Departure time is 10:00 - 10:30 amFrom Caye Caulker**in order to meet the departure time you must catch the 8:00 or 9:00 am ferry from Belize City (The ferry from Belize City to Caye Caulker is 1 hour). This will allow the 3 hours needed for the tour. The ferry back to Belize City leaves at 1:30pm.Things to wear: -sun block, bathing suit.Things to bring: sun block, bathing suit, towel.
1. You will exit the "Fort Street Tourism Village". This is the location you are tendered to from the cruise ship.
After you exit take a left and walk 1 minute over to the " San Pedro Express Warer Taxi" terminal.
Walk all the way in the terminal to the office where your ferry tickets will be waiting for you.
i.e. you must catch either the 8:00 am or 9:00 am ferry to Caye Caulker in order to do the tour.
2. When you arrive at Caye Caulker ( after 45 minutes - 1 hour) walk down the pier where your guide will be waiting for you with a sign that has your name clearly marked. You will take a 1 minute walk over to the office.
3. At the office you will be provided with snorkeling equipment and then we will walk over to the pier and take a 20 - 25 minute boat ride to hol chan marine reserve.
4. On arrival at Hol Chan you will be on a guided snorkeling tour of the reserve for 45 - 60. There you will see various types of corals and large fish.
5. Next we get in the boat and take a 5 minute boat ride to another part of the reserve to see the sharks and stung rays. Occasionally there are also turtles present in this area. There you will be in the water for 20 - 30 minutes.
6. Next we head back to Caye Caulker (25 minutes). On the way back you will be provided with fruits, water, fresh juice and other snacks. We will go to the west side of the island and view the tarpons from the boat. The seahorses are also on the west side and we will view them after we are finished with the tarpons.
7. Once all the activities are done you will be dropped off directly to the "San Pedro Belize Water Taxi" pier where you will cath the 1:30pm ferry back to "Belize City". Once you arrive in Belize City just take that 1 minute walk right over to the "Fort Street Tourism Village"