Information from G Adventures
Some people’s idea of a beer adventure is checking out that pub two streets over from the local. The true beer connoisseur is a different breed. Designed with the fancy suds aficionado in mind, this eight-day trip takes you to the ancestral home of Trappist, one of the world’s finest brewers. You’ll visit five Trappist monastery-breweries in Belgium, explore Brussels and Bruges, and stuff yourself with mussels, waffles, and chocolate galore. (Hey, beer-tasting is hungry work.)
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Foodie Moment: Rochefort Picnic with Trappist Beer Tasting, Rochefort Your Foodie Moment: Orval Visit with Beer and Cheese Tasting, Abbaye d'Orval Your Foodie Moment: Huisbrouwerij De Halve Maan Beer Tasting and Lunch, Bruges Your Foodie Moment: Westmalle Visit with Beer Tasting, Westmalle Your Foodie Moment: Achel Visit with Beer Tasting, Achel
- Brussels orientation walk
- Bruges orientation walk
- Antwerp orientation walk
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Visit all six trappist breweries in belgium
- Indulge in delicious belgian cuisine
- Explore quaint towns like bruges and rochefort
- Learn about (and taste) rare beers and see the monasteries where they are made.
Day 1: Brussels Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Brussels Enjoy an orientation walk of the city before a free day to explore. Opt to visit a chocolate factory, the Delirium beer hall, Art Deco Turkish baths, or indulge in a gourmet Belgium tour.
Day 3: Brussels/Rochefort See the church at Abbaye Notre Dame de Saint Remy where Rochefort is made – with some luck, they'll let us in for a peek. Head to the markets and collect some picnic supplies to enjoy with a Trappist beer.
Day 4: Rochefort/Bruges Visit Orval in the late morning to try beer and Trappist cheese. Enjoy an included lunch at the brasserie near Chimay for a taste of beer normally reserved for the monks. Head to Bruges for the night.
Day 5: Bruges Enjoy a free morning in Bruges. In the afternoon, head to the Huisbrouwerij De Halve Maan brewery in the heart of the historic centre for a tour of the grounds, beer tasting and traditional Flemish lunch.
Day 6: Bruges/Antwerp Travel to Antwerp, stopping en route to visit Westmalle. Enjoy a tasting at the Café Trappisten. Next, sample some Achel near the brewery before continuing on to Antwerp.
Day 7: Antwerp Enjoy a free day in Antwerp with the option to visit a local brewery by bike, check out some museums, or venture underground on an Antwerp sewer tour.
Day 8: Antwerp Depart at any time.