Belarusian rouble (BYN)
Budget: Less than €60
- Dorm bed: €9
- Stolovaya (cafeteria) meal: €4
- Minsk metro or bus ticket: €0.25
- Beer: €1
- Double room in a hotel: €50
- Admission to museums: €4
- Short taxi ride: €2
- Lunch and dinner: €20
Top end: €150–300
- Daily rate for private car with driver: €100–150
- Business-standard hotel room: €100–220
- Three-course meal: €30–50
- Nightclub entrance: €10
Not really practised in Belarus, the exception being unmetered taxi drivers, with whom you should bargain vigorously.
ATMs can be found throughout the city and often dispense US dollars and euros as well as Belarusian roubles. Exchange bureaus dot the centre and are in some of the higher-end hotels. Your main use for a bank might be to pay any jaywalking or other fines you accumulate.
Belarusbank Bank near the Old Town where you can change money and pay fines.