Lonely Planet (www.lonelyplanet.com/barbados) Destination information, hotel bookings, traveler forum and more.
Barbados Tourism (www.visitbarbados.org) Official tourism portal.
Fun Barbados (www.funbarbados.com) A comprehensive travel site with good details on beaches around the island.
National News (www.nationnews.com) Leading Barbados news site.
Barbados.org (www.barbados.org) A useful private tourism portal that includes event listings.
What to Take
- Comfortable sandals – you wont be spending much time in shoes
- Electrical adaptors; Barbados uses US-style plugs
- Any uncommon prescription medicines
- A mask and a snorkel – save on rental costs
What to Wear
Barbados is a fairly unpretentious place; even in higher-end places, smart-casual attire is the norm. Bring plenty of loose-fitting cotton clothing as the humidity can make it feel warmer than it is.
A good thin waterproof jacket that you can easily slip over your clothes then pack away again is useful for the tropical downpours.
- Arrange travel insurance
- Check airline baggage allowances
- Inform your debit-/credit-card company that you'll be traveling
- Get a yellow-fever vaccination card (if traveling from endemic area)
- Make sure your routine immunizations are up to date
- Obtain a small amount of US currency in case of banking issues