When to Go
High Season (Oct–Mar)
- Cooler temperatures; almost chilly in January and February.
- Dry; the worst of the monsoon has gone; some late rains in October.
- Prices in Cox’s Bazar may be inflated.
- Almost unbearably hot temperatures, without the cooling monsoon rains.
- Join honey-harvesters for the honey-collecting season in the Sundarbans.
- Mangoes start ripening in May.
Low Season (Jun–Sep)
- Monsoon season disrupts plans and sees much of Bangladesh under water.
- Hot, but the rains cool the air.
- Tea-picking season in full swing in Sylhet.