When to Go
High Season (Jun–Aug)
- High temperatures and balmy evenings.
- Hotels will be about 30% more expensive and you may need to book in advance, particularly by the beach.
- Big draws like the Croatian islands will be crowded.
Shoulder (Apr–May & Sep–Oct)
- The weather is mild and warm.
- Prices drop and crowds dwindle.
- Various festivals spark up; all up, it's the best time to travel in the region.
Low Season (Nov–Mar)
- Days can be dark and cold.
- Hotel prices drop to their lowest.
- Many attractions and coastal towns all but close – time to hit the ski slopes!