Welcome to İlisu


Several summer-only restaurants and bungalow resorts lie on riverside meadows 3km south of İlisu village, close to a 17th-century bridge. Best value is Ulu whose bungalows were refitted in 2011. Around 1km further north, Sangar Qala Restaurant is an unmissable new fantasy castle built within crenellated dark stone walls.

Marshrutky leave from Qax (40q, 20 minutes) at 7.30am, 10.30am, noon, 2pm and 5pm, returning almost immediately on arrival in İlisu.


Top experiences in İlisu

İlisu activities

$2550 Multi-day & Extended Tours

One week around Azerbaijan - Baku Qabala Sheki

There are traces of large-scale settlements in Shaki dating back to more than 2700 years ago. The Sakas were an Iranian people that wandered from the north side of the Black Sea through Derbend passage and to the South Caucasus and from there to Asia Minor in the 7th century B.C. They occupied a good deal of the fertile lands in South Caucasus in an area called Sakasena. The city of Shaki was one of the areas occupied by the Sakas. The original settlement dates back to the late Bronze Age. Shaki was one of the biggest cities of the Albanian states in the 1st century. The main temple of the ancient Albanians was located there. The kingdom of Shaki was divided into 11 administrative provinces. Shaki was one of the important political and economic cities before the Arab invasion. fter the collapse of the Hulagu Khan's rule in the first half of the 14th century, Shaki gained independence under the rule of Sidi Ahmed Orlat.[5] In the early 1500s, Safavid king Ismail I (r. 1501—1524) conquered the area, but the town continued to be governed by its hereditary rulers, under Safavid suzerainty.[6] Ismail's son and successor Shah Tahmasp (r. 1524—1576) put an end to this, and in 1551, he appointed the first Qizilbash governor to rule the town.[6]S The area was fully annexed by Russia by the Treaty of Gulistan in 1813 and the khanate was abolished in 1819 and the Shaki province was established in its place. Shaki province was merged with provinces of Shemakha, Baku, Susha, Lankaran, Derbent and Kuban in 1840 and Caspian Oblast was created. At same time Shaki was renamed as Nuha. The oblast was dissolved in 1846 and it was raion center of Shemakha Governorate. After the earthquake in Shemakha in 1859, the governorate was renamed as Baku Governorate. On 19 February 1868, raion of Nuha was passed to newly created Yelizavetpol Governorate with one of Susha. After founding of USSR, it was center of Nuha raion. Its one was abolished on 4 January 1963 and was bounded to one of Vartashen. Nuha one was founded again in 1965 and finally city and raion regained traditional name in 1968   Schedule 09:00– 10:30 – transfer to Sheki 10:30 – 12:30 – visiting Sheki Khan’s Palace, Karavansaray 12:30 – 13:30 – lunch 13:30 – 14:30 – transfer to Gakh 14:30 – 15:00 – transfer to Ilisu 15:00 – 16:00 – visiting Ilisu waterfall (partially 4x4 car) 16:00 – 17:00 – transfer to Sheki. 17:00 - 17:30 - tea brake 17:30 – 19:00 – transfer to Gabala     Price includes   Private car (Mercedes Vito and 4x4 car) Private guide Lunch Local guide  

İlisu in detail