Information from G Adventures
Central and Eastern Europe is the crossroads of a continent, and it has the castles, palaces, and monuments to prove it. This 12-day tour crosses four countries and makes stops in many of the biggest cities in Europe – Berlin, Vienna, Prague, and Budapest among them. You’ll have the chance to connect with history in medieval Český Krumlov and visit marketplaces, castles, and gothic cathedrals for a taste of culture that transcends eras. With orientation walks and various included activities, you’ll have plenty of free time to make this region your own. Empires may rise and fall, but the spirit of this region is immutable.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Foodie Moment: Eggenberg Brewery Visit and Beer Tasting, Český Krumlov Your Foodie Moment: Hotel Sacher Visit and dessert, Vienna
- Berlin orientation walk
- Dresden orientation walk including a local market and Frauenkirche Church
- Tour Prague's old town including the Jewish quarter, clock tower, charles bridge and wenceslas square
- Tour Eggenberg Brewery and enjoy a tasting
- Visit the historic Hotel Sacher and sample the Sacher Torte
- Budapest orientation walk
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Pull back the now-fallen iron curtain and explore the history of central and eastern europe
- Explore an historic brewery and sample the local ale
- Wander the cobbled lanes of medieval český krumlov and prague
- Taste the world famous sacher torte in an historic hotel.
Day 1: Berlin Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Berlin Enjoy an orientation walk with your CEO and then some free time for optional activities. Take a walking or river tour, or visit galleries and museums.
Day 3: Berlin/Weimar Take a high-speed train to Weimar. Options include a visit to Buchenwald Concentration Camp, Goethe National Museum, or the Schloss Museum.
Day 4: Weimar/Dresden Catch the train to Dresden and enjoy an orientation walk around the city, including a visit to a local market and Frauenkirche Church.
Day 5: Dresden Enjoy the day at your leisure. Opt to visit the opera house or take a paddle wheel steamer on the river.
Day 6: Dresden/Prague Head to the capital of the Czech Republic by train. Enjoy a guided tour of the old town, including the Jewish Quarter, astronomical clock, Charles Bridge, and Wenceslas Square.
Day 7: Prague Opt to visit the Prague Castle, Charles Bridge, or museums.
Day 8: Prague/Český Krumlov Travel to the charming town of Český Krumlov. Explore behind the scenes at the 400-year-old Eggenberg Brewery and enjoy a taste of the local brew. Opt to embark on a guided ghost story walk or visit the castle.
Day 9: Český Krumlov/Vienna Drive across the border into Austria, where we take an orientation walk with the CEO. Visit the historic Hotel Sacher for lunch and a taste of the world-famous Sacher Torte. Enjoy free time this evening to visit the opera house, or simply enjoy a walk around the city.
Day 10: Vienna Enjoy a full day to explore at your leisure. Wander the elegant streets some more, take in some of Europe's most distinguished art galleries, visit the stunning Lippizaner horses of the renowned Vienna Riding School, experience mass with the Vienna Boys Choir, or settle into a café and order a slice of mouthwatering Viennese cake.
Day 11: Vienna/Budapest Catch a train to our last stop: Budapest, Hungary. Enjoy an orientation walk and opt to 'take the waters' at a thermal bathhouse or visit the stunning castle.
Day 12: Budapest Depart at any time.