On a fairy-tale perch atop Mönchsberg and set in hectares of wooded grounds, this 16th-century castle is honeymoon (and second mortgage) material. Persian rugs, oil paintings and Calcutta marble finish the rooms to beautiful effect. A massage in the spa, a candlelit tower dinner for two with Salzburg views, a helicopter ride – just say the word.
Hotel Schloss Mönchstein is only a 7-minute walk away from the Old Town, which can be reached by car or on foot via a lift built into the mountain. Guests staying at the hotel will receive free tickets for this lift.
Awarded 2 toques by Gault Millau, Restaurant Schloss Mönchstein serves traditional Austrian cuisine, international dishes and a wide selection of fine wines. It has a terrace with views over Salzburg and a second terrace with an Italian marble floor. For events, the hotel additionally offers the Mönchstein Saal, a festivity hall.
The exclusive rooms and suites are all individually and luxuriously furnished. They feature priceless antiques and marble bathrooms, as well as modern amenities such as air conditioning, DVD players, and free WiFi access.
The spa area features a steam bath and a sauna, as well as a wide range of massage, beauty and wellness treatments.
If you do not use a navigation device, please follow these car directions:
- leave A1 highway via exit “Flughafen Salzburg/Airport”
- take the Innsbrucker Bundesstraße (B1) road towards the city center
- after approx. 2.4 km turn left, proceeding on Innsbrucker Bundesstraße
- after 0.5 km keep right at intersection on Hans-Schmid-Platz square, proceeding on Innsbrucker Bundesstraße
- now you are driving straight towards the hospital (Landeskrankenhaus Salzburg)
- at the intersection at the hospital, turn right and follow the Aiglhofstraße road
- at the next traffic lights, turn left and follow the Willibald-Hauthaler-Straße road
- straight ahead and keep right (right turn lane)
- At traffic lights turn right, driving a little bit uphill
- after approx. 200 metres turn right onto a cobblestone street which goes up to the Mönchsberg mountain
- Müllner Hauptstraße road leads you up and after a few minutes you will reach the hotel