When to Go
High Season (Dec–Mar)
- Summer in the south is warm and dry.
- The tourist season peaks from Christmas until the end of school holidays in January; expect pricey accommodation.
- In WA's north, this is the wet (low) season.
Shoulder (Apr, May & Sep–Nov)
- Wildflowers bloom from September.
- The best months to visit the north.
- Humpback whales cavort offshore from September to November; whale sharks from April to June.
Low Season (Jun–Aug)
- Wettest and coolest time in Perth and the south – chilled-out!
- Overnight temperatures in the south can dip below 10°C.
- High season for the Coral Coast, the Pilbara, Broome and the Kimberley; days are dry and usually above 30°C.