Information from G Adventures
For rugged natural splendour, the Australian Outback is where it’s at. This journey into the remote regions of northern and central Australia brings you face-to-face with the land and the intriguing characters and wildlife that call it home. Majestic Uluru, sprawling Kings Canyon and the out-there landscapes of Kakadu National Park await your hiking boots, while the crocodiles and the mysteries of Indigenous Australian culture—as told by the locals themselves—are primed to fascinate. Adventure doesn’t get much more adventurous than this.
- Your Wellness Moment: Ikoymarrwa Swim, Kakadu National Park
- Pick up on Day 1
- Sunrise and sunset viewing of Uluru
- Mala Walk around Uluru and visit to the cultural centre
- Hikes at Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) and Kings Canyon
- Crocodile-spotting boat cruise
- Visit to an Aboriginal art and craft centre
- Guided exploration of Kakadu and Litchfield National Parks
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Witness the majesty of uluru at sunset and sunrise
- Hike the red centre
- Stargaze at the impressive southern sky
- Ride the route of afghan cameleers on the ghan train
- Learn about aboriginal creation time stories
- Explore the unesco world heritage site of kakadu national park.
Day 1: Alice Springs/Uluru Be picked up from one of our approved pick-up points starting at 5:25am, and travel to the Red Centre. Visit the Aboriginal cultural centre and take the informative Mala Walk around part of Uluru's base. Catch the sunset over Uluru before heading to the campground for the night. Camp under the stars of the night sky—the only way to really experience the Outback.
Day 2: Uluru/Kings Creek Watch the sunrise over Uluru, then enjoy a walk through the Valley of the Winds in Kata Tjuta. Continue onto Kings Creek Station for another night around the campfire.
Day 3: Kings Creek/Alice Springs Enjoy a morning walk through the gorges and valleys of Kings Canyon in Watarrka National Park, then transfer to Alice Springs.
Day 4: Alice Springs/Katherine Travel in comfort on the famous Ghan Train. Glide through the remote Outback en route to the subtropical Top End of Australia.
Day 5: Katherine/Darwin Stop at Katherine Gorge. Opt for a flat-bottomed boat trip or a walk before continuing on to Darwin.
Day 6: Darwin/Litchfield National Park Set off on an early start to take advantage of time in Litchfield National Park. Visit the Florence Falls, the Buley Rockhole and see the spectacular giant termite mounds before heading off on a wetland nature cruise in search of crocs.
Day 7: Litchfield National Park/Kakadu National Park Cross into Kakadu National Park. Learn about rock art, and hike down to a breathtaking gorge with various pools.
Day 8: Kakadu National Park/Darwin Get an early start to visit Gunlom Falls en route to Katherine, then split with the group and catch a bus back to Darwin. Tour ends in Darwin upon arrival in the evening.