Information from G Adventures
This comfort-minded journey up Australia’s eastern shore delivers the wonders of the region to you in fine style. Using a diverse range of transport—trains, yachts, surfboards—and resort-style lodgings, you’ll sample world-class wines, wander through rainforests and even learn how to catch a few waves (and a few fish). Plus, we keep your group size intentionally small so it feels less like travelling with a herd and more like exploring with great new friends.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Hands-On Moment: Surf Lesson with Yoga Warm-Up, Byron Bay
- Sydney harbour yacht ride
- Sydney orientation walk
- Included surfing lessons with a local (Byron Bay)
- Yoga lesson
- Full-day Whitsunday Islands sailing trip
- Scenic train journey to Cairns
- Aboriginal dreamtime walk through the Daintree Rainforest at Mossman Gorge
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Learn to surf in byron bay with a local expert
- Sail the sydney harbour in a racing yacht
- Relax on a full-day whitsunday islands cruise
- Learn firsthand about aboriginal culture and history in the daintree rainforest
Day 1: Sydney Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Sydney Explore Sydney with a walk along the harbour to the iconic Sydney Opera House and the Rocks area. Have an early lunch before boarding a sleek former Americas Cup racing yacht for a thrilling 2.5hr sail on one of the world’s finest harbours.
Day 3: Sydney/Byron Bay Fly to the famous surf and arts town of Byron.
Day 4: Byron Bay On Day 4, stretch out with an introductory yoga warm-up before meeting a local surf legend, learn about the culture of surfing in the area, and try it yourself. Enjoy free time for optional sea kayaking, whale-watching, or just relax at the beach.
Day 5: Byron Bay/Airlie Beach Travel to Brisbane and catch a flight, transferring to our beach resort for two nights. Enjoy free time to relax in a tropical paradise.
Day 6: Airlie Beach Full-day yacht excursion, sailing around the Whitsunday's.
Day 7: Airlie Beach/Cairns An early start to the train station for a relaxing and scenic journey by rail to Cairns.
Day 8: Cairns/Port Douglas Travel up the stunning coastal road, stop to meet local Aboriginals and go on an interpretive walk through the Daintree Rainforest at Mossman Gorge.
Day 9: Port Douglas Opt to take a Great Barrier Reef snorkelling trip.
Day 10: Port Douglas/Cairns Travel back to Cairns. Trip ends on arrival in the afternoon.