When to Go
High Season (Dec & Jan)
- Accommodation prices scale lofty heights: book ahead.
- Festival season hits its straps; beaches (and water temperatures) are at their best.
- Expect crowds at big-ticket destinations (and the cricket).
Shoulder (Feb–Apr, Oct & Nov)
- Easter is busy with Aussie families on the loose.
- Book ahead for Easter camping grounds, motels and ferries.
- April is harvest time, with blazing vine colours and brilliant produce statewide.
Low Season (May–Sep)
- Accommodation prices plunge to manageable levels.
- Outside Hobart and Launceston, some eating and sleeping options shut up shop for winter.
- Snow closes some bushwalking tracks…but you can ski (just!).